Aurelia Twitty "Spirit of Champions" Award Guidelines:
*All candidates must be nominated by a team captain or riding partner. There is only one candidate eligible per registered team or per cyclists group.
*Single ultra runners will be allowed to nominate themselves.
*All candidates must be registered for the 2023 event.
*The form must be completed and submitted no later than Monday, February 13th, 2023.
*The winning candidate will receive a $200 cash prize and a plaque in honor of Aurelia Twitty.
To nominate a race participant for this award, please click on the link below:
Spirit of Champions Nomination Form
Selma Storm Info
Hello 2023 Participants!
Most of you may have heard that a tornado hit Selma on Thursday, January 12th. The City of Selma suffered a significant amount of tornado damage. We are so saddened about the damage to the City of Selma and the lives that were lost in Alabama due to the storms on Thursday. We are hoping that the damage will not affect the start of the event in March. We plan to travel to Selma next week to look at the route and to assess any potential barriers to starting the race at the normal starting point. If we feel we will need to alter the start point, we will send out information with the updates through email and post the updates on our website.
Thanks so much for your support!
Team Captain Responsibilites
Hello 2023 Participants!
Hello All 2023 Walkers, Runners, and Cyclists!
This is Mary with the Civil Rights Race Series/Walk Jog Run Club. We are super excited about the relay and bike ride event happening on March 18, 2023! My goal is to make sure each team and each cyclists has the information needed to plan a successful event. I have listed a few things below to get you started.
1. Please be sure that everyone download, read, and are familiar with the 2023 Race Information Packet. This packet is packed with information about the event to help you start planning.
2. Please do not wait to book your hotel rooms. We have group rates, but the rooms are limited. (We do recommend that participants stay in Montgomery because we are only in Selma for a short amount of time.) If you are a cyclists who will be transported to the start of the event, we do recommend that you stay at the Rennaisance or a hotel close by. Cyclists will be transported from the Renaissance hotel the morning of the event.
3. Please make sure that you add my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your email list so that you won't miss any of my emails and so that they don't go to your SPAM.
4. Team Captains, please monitor your team and make sure that all of your members have signed up. You can access your team by logging in to your Run Sign Up account and clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner.
5. Please be sure to visit our website at WWW.SELMATOMONTGOMERYRELAY.COM for information pertaining to this event.
If you have any questions or need anything, please email me directly at email@example.com.