Relay and Bike Ride Information
ARE YOU READY for the Relay and Bike Ride??????
Below are links to emails and reminders.
2023 Team Captain Checklist
2023 Race Day Map of Exchange Points and Water Stations
2023 Medical Plan
2023 Weekend of Events
2023 Team Exchange Log
Race Joy "How To"
2023 Race Informaton Packet
Cyclists with Transportation
Hi All Team Captains and Participants!
This is Mary with WJR Club/CRRS. I hope each one of you are doing well! It is hard to believe that the Selma to Montgomery Event will be taking place in about five weeks! I wanted to reach out to you all with some very important team reminders. This is one of several emails you will receive until the event.
1. Please check your team to make sure your team is complete and the information is correct for each participant in Run SignUp. If a team member needs to update their information, such as name, email address, mailing address, etc., they will need to login to their Run Sign Up account and click on their profile link in the top right corner to make the changes.
To check your team:
2. All team member deletions and additions must be completed through Run SignUp. If you have a team member who needs to be replaced, please contact me asap so that I can delete them so that a new team member can be added. PARTICIPANTS WHO ARE NOT ON A TEAM ROSTER OR WHO HAVE NOT BEEN ADDED THROUGH RUN SIGNUP ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT.
3. If a team member drops out and you do not plan to replace them, please contact me so that I can remove them from your team and change the maximum team participant number for that team.
4. If a team member decides to complete the race virtually, he or she will need to send an email to me and cc the team captain, so that I can switch their registration to virtual. The maximum participant number for the team will then decrease by the number of participants wishing to switch to virtual. At that point, if any additional participants will be added to the team, there will be additional registration costs.
5. If an entire team decides to switch to virtual, then the team captain will need to contact me directly to request the change. If a team does not show up for the event and did not switch to virtual, that team will be considered as a "no show" and will not receive the race goodie bag.
*Please make sure that you are reading all email correspondance about this race from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and from Run Sign Up.
*You will have until March 12th, 2023 to make team changes.
*Remember, please reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about your team or about this email.
*Please visit our website at www.selmatomontgomeryrelay.com to download the updated Race Information Packet for 20223 and to check for race updates. The Race information packet is filled with information to help you and your team members plan a successful race. The Race Updates link will have the most updated information pertaining to race changes.
Thank you all so much for supporting this event!
Aurelia Twitty "Spirit of Champions" Award Guidelines:
*All candidates must be nominated by a team captain or riding partner. There is only one candidate eligible per registered team or per cyclists group.
*Single ultra runners will be allowed to nominate themselves.
*All candidates must be registered for the 2023 event.
*The form must be completed and submitted no later than Monday, February 13th, 2023.
*The winning candidate will receive a $200 cash prize and a plaque in honor of Aurelia Twitty.
To nominate a race participant for this award, please click on the link below:
Spirit of Champions Nomination Form
Selma Storm Info
Hello 2023 Participants!
Most of you may have heard that a tornado hit Selma on Thursday, January 12th. The City of Selma suffered a significant amount of tornado damage. We are so saddened about the damage to the City of Selma and the lives that were lost in Alabama due to the storms on Thursday. We are hoping that the damage will not affect the start of the event in March. We plan to travel to Selma next week to look at the route and to assess any potential barriers to starting the race at the normal starting point. If we feel we will need to alter the start point, we will send out information with the updates through email and post the updates on our website.
Thanks so much for your support!
Team Captain Responsibilites
Hello 2023 Participants!
Hello All 2023 Walkers, Runners, and Cyclists!
This is Mary with the Civil Rights Race Series/Walk Jog Run Club. We are super excited about the relay and bike ride event happening on March 18, 2023! My goal is to make sure each team and each cyclists has the information needed to plan a successful event. I have listed a few things below to get you started.
1. Please be sure that everyone download, read, and are familiar with the 2023 Race Information Packet. This packet is packed with information about the event to help you start planning.
2. Please do not wait to book your hotel rooms. We have group rates, but the rooms are limited. (We do recommend that participants stay in Montgomery because we are only in Selma for a short amount of time.) If you are a cyclists who will be transported to the start of the event, we do recommend that you stay at the Rennaisance or a hotel close by. Cyclists will be transported from the Renaissance hotel the morning of the event.
3. Please make sure that you add my email (email@example.com) to your email list so that you won't miss any of my emails and so that they don't go to your SPAM.
4. Team Captains, please monitor your team and make sure that all of your members have signed up. You can access your team by logging in to your Run Sign Up account and clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner.
5. Please be sure to visit our website at WWW.SELMATOMONTGOMERYRELAY.COM for information pertaining to this event.
If you have any questions or need anything, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.