Hello Team Captains!
We have had several of you reach out concerning the coronavirus. We have no plans to cancel the upcoming relay and bike ride. We are keeping a close watch on the situation. If anything changes we will contact all participants immediately. We ask that everyone take preventative measures when traveling and during the event. Please visit the CDC's website to find out more information on how you can help prevent the spread of the virus.
We will be visiting Holt Street Baptist Church for Sunday worship on March 22nd. Service will begin at 8:30 am and end at 9:45 am. The church will provide a complimentary breakfast immediately following service for all teams and cyclists who completed the RSVP form. The address is 1870 South Court Street, Montgomery, AL.
Hello Team Captains! The Enterprise Rental Car in College Park, GA has 15 passenger vans available. The address is 3907 Main Street, College Park, GA. The number is 404-763-1631. You can also rent an SUV if a van is not available that will meet your needs.
Hello All Team Captains!
I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to send out a few reminders.
1. Please continue to check your team(s) to make sure nothing has changed. Some of the members contact me directly and want to transfer to the virtual relay or even switch teams. This will affect your team and the number of members. I will normally copy you all in the email if this happens.
2. If a person transfers from an in person relay team to a virtual relay team, their payment (and BGR double bling) will transfer with them. If you decide to replace that team member, you will be invoiced for payment for the new member.
3. Anyone who will be running as part of your team must be registered through Run Sign UP and they must agree to the Race Waiver in order for their registration to be valid.
4. All team changes (transfers, deletions, and team size changes beyond the original team size) must be completed by me. If your team is not complete, you will have until March 15th to complete your team, but tshirts will not be guaranteed for the members that are added after this point.
5. Any team that has an outstanding invoice for adding an additional team member will have until March 15th to have the invoice paid. After March 15th, the additional team member's registration will be cancelled.
6. Teams will need to provide additional hydration and nutrition.
7. All teams will need to have a medical plan in place. This plan should include emergency contacts for all team members and any medical information that would be pertinent incase of an emergency. We recommend all teams to purchase a small first aid kit. Kits can be purchased at your local Wal-Mart between $5 and $10.
8. If you are a single participant, you will be completing all of the legs from start to finish.
9. Allow an hour to travel from Montgomery to Selma the morning of the event.
10. Please be in contact with your team members regularly. Everyone should be familiar with the Race Packet at this point. The key to a successful relay is planning and communication.
*Don't forget to visit www.selmatomontgomeryrelay.com for Race Updates and the Captains' Corner Blog.
Stay tuned for more information!
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Hello Team Captains!
Well, team registration has come to an end! But, if you did not get your team completed, no worries! You will have until March 15 to fine tune and make changes to your team.
If you need to make any changes, such as swap members, add additional members, switch to the virtual relay, etc., please contact me with your team name and request. Below are a few things to remember:
I would like to "Shout Out" team captain Deborah Anderson who suggested I add information on how to switch a member to the virtual relay to the Captain's Corner!
Please stay tuned for more information that will be coming your way!
Thanks so much Captains!
Hello Team Captains!
We are happy to announce that More Than Tours will be providing 1 hour hop on hop off tours throughout the race weekend! These tours will allow your team to retrace the steps of the Civil Rights Movement. More Than Tours is offering a special rate of $20 per person for all Selma to Montgomery Relay and Bike Ride participants. Seats are limited, so please call 334-296-3024 or email email@example.com to book your team's tour today!
Hi Team Captains!
I am so excited for everyone who was able to register for the BGR double bling! Some of you are still adding members to your team which is perfectly fine. Team members who are being added to a team that registered before the deadline will need to register using the regular relay link. These members will be switched over to the BGR registration once all members are added.
If you are a team captain of a team that is still adding members that will need to be switched over to the BGR registration, please email me, Mary, at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know once all of your members have been added.
I encourage all team captains to check your team from time to time to make sure all of the information for your team is correct. Also, please be sure to add email@example.com to your email contacts so that my emails won't be sent to your Spam.
Please let me know if you all have any questions or concerns. You can comment below or email me directly.
Thanks so much for supporting the CRRS!
Hello all Captains!
Unfortunately, the room block at the Embassy suites is sold out. We have been able to secure a second hotel at the Double Tree by Hilton in Downtown Montgomery. They are double rooms for $154 per night. These rooms will be available until December 15th, so please be sure to go ahead and book. I am posting the link to book below. Be sure to use the code STM to get the group discount! Check out the Hotel Reservation link for more information.
You may call and book directly at 334-245-2320. YOU MUST USE THE CODE STM TO GET THE GROUP RATE. This includes breakfast and two $3 bar drink specials per person. Parking is $14 per day.
Hello Team Captains!
I am super excited about the Selma to Montgomery Relay and Bike Ride for 2020! I have some BIG NEWS about registration!
1. We tried to make the race more affordable for everyone. The cost for each participant is $100. So, for example, if you have a team of 5 members, the cost for that team will be $500.
2. If you are a returning team, each team member will receive an additional $10 off registration. Please email me, mary@wjrclub, for a special coupon code.
3. All returning cyclists will receive an additional $5 off registration. Please email mary@wjrclub for a special coupon code.
Please stay tuned because we are working on some other exciting things for 2020. I will share them with you all once we finalize them.
For detailed information about the Selma to Montgomery Relay and Bike Ride for 2020, please visit www.selmatomontgomeryrelay.com.
To register a team for this race, please visit https://runsignup.com/race/AL/Selma/selmatomontgomery51milerelay.com.